Computecoin Tokenomics
The mechanics of how the CCN token works in the Computecoin ecosystem

The Computecoin ecosystem can be broken into four basic categories of stakeholders. First are the providers—the data centers, crypto mining farms and individual miners whose computing power fuels the network. Second is the community of developers who build Web3 and metaverse dApps on Computecoin. Eventually, the Computecoin ecosystem will comprise a wide range of applications, including NFT platforms, virtual avatar studios, AR/VR, socialFi tools, and more. Third are token holders, or end users. These stakeholders interact with dApps by paying to use their services. Finally, the Computecoin Foundation, a non-profit entity, regulates the supply of CCN tokens, and helps to develop the ecosystem by issuing grants.
Each of the aforementioned categories of stakeholders exist in a network, meaning they are all connected. The relationships that constitute this network are elaborated as follows:
Computecoin Tokenomics Overview
Protocol Revenue
Infrastructure Revenue
Token Deflation

Providers (also known as miners) must buy a mining pass in order to start mining in the Computecoin Network. The mining pass fee is collected by the Computecoin Foundation. In exchange, miners receive mining rewards from the mining reward pool (which represents 65% of the total CCN supply). Miners also collect fees from dApps in return for the computing power they provide.

Developers can receive grants from the Computecoin Foundation to accelerate their dApp development. They also collect service payments (in CCN or UCCN) from token holders, or end users.
Developers contribute a percentage of their revenue to the Computecoin Foundation in the form of infrastructure revenue. Infrastructure revenue refers to the fees collected by the Computecoin Foundation from dApps, in exchange for the dApps’ use of CCN’s computing and storage resources.
Finally, the Computecoin Foundation collects protocol revenue from dApps.

Token Holders, or end users, make service payments to dApps in CCN or UCCN as compensation for the use of the latter’s services. The Computecoin Foundation will use 30% of its revenue to buy back and burn CCN tokens on a quarterly basis to increase the value of token holders’ CCN.

The Computecoin Foundation has two revenue streams. The Foundation receives infrastructure revenue from dApps for the use of the Computecoin network’s computing and storage resources. The Foundation also collects standard protocol fees as well as mining pass fees from miners (who must obtain a mining pass to begin mining in the network). Together, these latter two kinds of fees constitute the Computecoin Foundation’s protocol revenue.
The Foundation, being a nonprofit entity, uses its revenue in two ways. 70% of the Foundation’s revenue is given to dApps in the form of grants to support the CCN ecosystem’s growth. The remaining 30% of the Foundation’s revenue goes toward buying back and burning CCN tokens to increase their value.
Copy link
On this page
Tokenomics Overview
Providers
Developers
Token Holders
The Computecoin Foundation